I noticed that The Continuum Project Alstrin Films20102010-01-01The Continuum Project follows some of the world's best climbing talent around the globe to document bold new routes and daring repeats on ice, rock, and in the alpine. The film focuses on these climbers' drive to explore, their passion for the mountains and the climbing lifestyles.Chris Alstrin Chris AlstrinChris Alstrin (Producer)Guy Lacelle; Sam Elias; Mike Anderson; Majka Burhardt; Audrey Gariepy; Emily Harrington; Jen Olson; Ines Papert; Rob Pizem; Jon Walsh; Sarah Watson; Ian WelstedDocumentaryhttp://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/Dbi3yS80YwTYvLgYBfl7NXs49X.jpgplugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=L6ZBuAcwOvMtt161207235536 is out and available as HD download from Bouldering.com. So I went on and downloaded it.
Somewhat disappointingly, the quality is 720p and format is Quicktime (I would have preferred 1080p and mp4), but the quality is significantly better than dvd anyway and the film itself is stellar as well. As the price was reasonable ($14.99) I consider this well worth every penny.
While waiting for the download to finish I did some googling and tumbled in few other HD flicks as well:
- Committed II. Committed II is going to be available as HD download soon. At Posing Productions.
- Petzl Ice Trip to Ben Nevis - Scotland. is going to be available as HD download sometime soon. SD version is already available. At Petzl.
- Dry tooling and Ice climbing in Gressoney, Aosta valley, Italy. At Youtube.
- Ice Climbing in the Ghost: Candlestick Maker. Ice climbing in the Ghost River Valley in Alberta, Canada. "We first climbed a short pillar formed to the left of Hidden Dragon and then hiked up to the Candlestick Maker, a series of two freestanding pillars of ice. This is my first attempt to create a video of any kind, it's a short compilation to show the experience with some helmet camera footage." By Peter Valchev at Vimeo.
- Ice climbing in the Ghost, Canada: Wicked Wanda. "Ice climbing in the Ghost, just outside of Calgary, Canada. I was working from home for a few days but managed to get out early in the morning and do this climb before returning at work at lunch. It's only about a 30-40 minute hike from the car, and one 50-55 meter pitch of great ice. The temperature was below -20 C, very chilly and hard to avoid the screaming barfies!" By Peter Valchev at Youtube.
- MATRIX RELOADED - climbing movie full version. "Thanks to the error in Matrix the main stars turn up face climbing in the winter conditions of the High Tatras instead of bouldering in the sun. It is an extraordinary movie in which the limits of the mixed climbing in the High Tatra are bet, it is full of action and lots of beer..." By BERNARTWOOD at Vimeo.